NTC At a Glance
- Founded in 1991, NTC has raised over $1.5 Million in its 25 year history. It is the largest instrument competition in the world.
- 12,000 students (from all backgrounds) have performed at NTC and benefited from
its educational and artistic opportunities.
- ½ million downloads from our hundreds of concert highlight and archived
masterclasses NTC has the largest archive of educational and performance events
in the world. This archive is accessible to the general public for free.
- NTC Partners include: ITG, Interlochen, DownBeat Magazine, the Army & Marine
- All 650 participants which were admitted to the Semi-finals at NTC 2016 were
admitted to the Chris Botti concert gratis, as is our tradition. This could only be achieved
because of the generous support of our sponsors.
- NTC is the only competition in the world that webcasts all of its major events including
the performances of the finalists (all ages), as well as masterclasses and exhibition
- Performers have included Grammy Award Winners Chris Botti, Maynard Ferguson, Randy Brecker as well as Doc Severinsen, Canadian Brass, Mnozil Brass, Phil Smith and a whole host of others.
- NTC, with a yearly budget of $90,000, is entirely sponsor supported. It has no
underwriting organization. Its budget is raised from 3 primary sources: application fees,
corporate sponsorship (trumpet and related equipment vendors) and generous private